This is a simple Ikea mirror stamped with black Stayz-on and an awesome birdhouse stamp from the new mini catalog. I trimmed it out with blue and cherry bias tape ribbon, topped by one of SU's new bezel slides. Underneath the slide, is a stamped egg from the same set and a tiny butterfly embossed die. In the corner of the mirror, you will see a decorative element made from the corner punch and then run through an embossing folder. The brown ribbon in the bottom left is not part of it, it is just sticking up from another project.
This is a plain wooden plaque that I base coated in an edelweiss blue. I tore the bird and nest out of a piece of scrapbook paper and edged it in old olive ink. Using my watercolor crayons, I gave the bird a little color. The eggs were already that glorious blue, so I used some mini pearls to "jazz" them up. The word Chirp was cut from old olive cardstock and a pearl was used to dot the i.
This was a paperweight I got at Hobby Lobby for a great clearance price after the 4th of July. It had a strange rooster with fireworks in it, so I tore that off and replaced the backing with chipboard. The background was another piece of scrapbook paper. I used an alphabet set from the catalog to stamp the word Create and free hand cut it out. I used a little bit of the water color crayon on the flowers and then glammed them up with a little gold smooch ink.
This started out as a wooden cut out one of my friends was getting rid of. I rubbed several colors of craft ink from the rich regals collection on the wood to color it. I then "fussy cut" some of the left over scrapbook paper to cover the edges. The saying was embossed onto cardstock and then cut out. A little glitter always adds some fun, so I rolled the edges in the new chunky vintage glitter. Slap a magnet on the back and the pear has a new life.
These blocks were floating around my craft room. I think that I got them from Oriental Trading originally. They were already white washed so I simply cut squares for the front, one of the bird house and two of the birds and mod podged them on. I added strips for the sides. Using the same alphabet die as the Chirp, I added the words. Small finishing touches, wrapped the Dare block in ivory bias ribbon and brought the ends up through the center of a flower that I had stamped. After they were through, I threaded a button onto them and tied the ends. The whole set of blocks took about 20 minutes.
This one also started out as a simple piece of wood with scrapbook paper podged on. I cut a topper out of old olive and used the lace edge punch. I wanted a little subtle dimension, so I stamped the edges with a floral scroll stamp and then stamped and embossed the hummingbird from the same set. The word Fly was cut with the Big Shot.
These are what I have so far, however, I have many more ideas floating around in my brain. Hope you enjoyed a little taste of spring while winter is howling around outside.